Sunday, October 18, 2009

Where's the Pizza?

For all of the parents out there....

Last night Kyle and I decided to use our Happy Joes Gift certificate that we've had for awhille. Since we've been needing to buy a car seat for Caleb we decided to go to Des Moines to Happy Joe's. We had supper there and things went relatively well for having two children reaching for everything in sight (forks, plates, hot sauce, napkins, you get the picture...). We didn't even have a temper tantrum when we had to leave (there was a huge play area) since we had a DVD going in the van. We're walking out to the van and I'm thinking to myself "That went really well! I actually feel like I have things under control. We're going to be able to go out to eat more often!" We had lots of leftovers, a balloon making Chloe incredibly happy, and did I mention lots of leftovers?

As we're driving down Meredith Dr I look in the back of the van and wonder where the pizza is...that's when Kyle and I look at each other and realize that we left it on top of the van.....hmmm....can I just say that whenever I feel like I have "it" (life, kids, parenting, anything really!) under control I am humbled yet again!!!! I guess I'm thankful that we didn't forget one of the kids!!!

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

Too funny!
I have the same problem. Feeling like things are under control always results in something going wrong!

roduns said...

oh dear! so, was it still there when you stopped to retrieve it? or the more important question, do you still have leftovers?? :)

ahh, i am chuckling as i imagine the looks on your faces.