Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Tribute To the Cutlass

Click to play Cutlass
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

We say goodbye to you today,

you've been a faithful car for my Kyle Jay.

You've been with him since sophomore year,

so to our hearts you've become quite dear.

Cedar Rapids and Rochester were common places to go,

I'm so glad you brought him to me no matter rain or snow.

You kept on going and in our wedded bliss you shared,

you got me through grad school that's all we cared.

We kept you in Pella because gas was so high,

Kyle drove you to work--you never left him high and dry.

But a fire was too much for me to take,

I said "It's time for the Cutlass to go--this takes the cake!"

2 kids later and we've bought a minivan,

we have too many vehicles for just one man.

So you're being donated to a good cause today,

what a sad event for my Kyle Jay!!

9 comments:

Lynnette said...

That was a great post! It looks like Chloe had a blast "driving"! And, I must say, you are very prompt getting this posted if it just went away today!

GFish said...

No pictures of when it was on fire?

That was a great tribute. I'm sure the car greatly appreciates it.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! What a good car :-) Denise

CureSMA4Stella said...

Just catching up on your blog! Looks like you are all doing great, well except the Cutlass! :) Sorry about that Kyle! Your kids are adorable as ever! Glad things are going well!!
Hugs, The Turnbulls www.caringbridge.org/visit/stellaturnbullturnbull

Suzanne said...

Reminds me of the Andrew Peterson song "Family man that goes... "I am a family man, traded in my mustang for a minivan"

Brett said...

The Cutlass was so lucky to have so much love!

(btw, congrats on being part of the current minivan generation! How our lives have changed!)

roduns said...

Ha ha ha! That is super funny.

Anonymous said...

I feel it not right to say..."Well, the Cutlass is in a better place.." What a lie! Kyle, If you still need a tissue or a shoulder to cry on during the day...you know where to find me.

DS said...

Kyle-

Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme-RIP-2009


I can't believe you bought a minivan. I feel like I don't know you.....