Friday, April 8, 2011

Garage Sale Season Has Begun



Chloe and Caleb are both "under the weather" today so Chloe wasn't able to attend dance class this morning. These are pictures from last week's class with Chloe wearing her new princess dress that she got for her birthday.

Even though the kids are coughing a lot, I knew we still really needed to go to Walmart. Chloe kept telling me that she was "too sick" to go. I also told her that there was a garage sale that we could go to if we got done in Walmart in time. We made it to the garage sale and I realized that taking the kids to garage sales by myself this year might be even harder than last year. Both of my kiddos are going to be smarter than me in no time. Chloe was picking out multiple toys and saying "But Mom, this is only one dollar!" Or, "But Mom, this is only three dollars!" She is apparently very good at reading garage sale pricing. She also seems to know that a dollar is not very much and therefore means we should buy all toy items priced $1. Wow, I didn't see this coming...

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

If you get really desperate, give her 2 (or 4) quarters before you head out to garage sales. Tell her that she can buy whatever she wants, but that's all she has (and if she drops them and loses them, she's still out of money). My kids are much, much more selective in what they want if they know they only have that much money.
And they occasionally pool their quarters together to buy something that costs more. :)
Or, do like I normally do, and point out the Free box for them to peruse while you look at the rest of the garage sale!

Sheila said...

Great ideas Lynnette!!! I'm going to have to start the quarters!!