Thursday, July 28, 2011

Come On Over...

Come On Over To Adventureland!

There is something in my Mommy heart that gets great JOY in seeing my kids experience some of the same things I enjoyed as a child. That was the case when we took them to Adventureland a few days ago. As a child I would countdown the days and play "pretend" Adventureland in our living room. And now, as a Mommy I was able to see my own kids' excitement over many of the same rides that I used to frequent! As Caleb's arms waved in excitement when he was in line to get on the semi-truck ride, Tasha commented "See, your kids ARE like you!!!" Here is a taste of what we did...

Chloe and Caleb rode the airplanes...

A Mommy fave for sure!

The bumper cars with Grandpa

Caleb talked about riding this from the moment he woke up!

Waterslides!!

Swimming in the pool was awesome relief from the heat!

Chloe showed off her new skills to Aunt Tasha...she jumped in about 25 times or so!!!

Dill pickles on a stick...thanks Grandpa!

I couldn't believe some of the "Big Kid" rides that Chloe went on!!!

Caleb loved the dragons!

3 times on the ladybugs!

Driving the boat like Daddy!

Caleb wanted to try out every vehicle on this ride!

Chloe's eyes were HUGE the first time the Frog Hopper dropped!

1 comment:

roduns said...

I totally get it! When the boys were so eager to get on rides, I found myself remembering my many trips to Adventureland growing up. What fun!